VideoMost is an easy and scalable software video conferencing software that supports desktops, tablet PCs and the most popular web browsers. VideoMost automatically and dynamically adjusts video quality to network conditions and CPU utilization throughout a conference session based on the capabilities of each endpoint device, so all participants benefit from the full potential of their devices to deliver natural, face-to-face communication without broken images or delay.
VideoMost software transforms Internet-connected PC and tablet into a video conferencing terminal. VideoMost enables you to collaborate more effectively with colleagues, customers, partners, suppliers and people important to you.
VideoMost is a complete client-server software product. Its media processing core is SPIRIT’sTeamSpirit® Voice&Video Engine that provides high-quality voice and video processing and transmission over IP networks.
- Enables mass deployment of video conferencing in organization of any size
- Leverages existing assets, no additional hardware investment required
- High voice and video quality. Best possible quality in general-purpose packet networks, adapting to available client side conditions (CPU and bandwidth). Each participant gets the maximum possible quality, and those having poor conditions do not affect the others.
- Integrated collaboration features (document and desktop sharing, presense, text chat, etc)
- High performance. 1 generic ($4,000) PC server supports up to 1,000 simultaneous video calls, enough for a 10,000-person organization
- Scalability — support both enterprise-wide and carrier-grade deployments
- 100-times infrastructure cost advantage over legacy videoconferencing server hardware
- Easy integration with business applications, data centers, call center solutions, etc.
VideoMost for End Users:
- Multi-point video conferencing with a continuous presence mode
- Moderate system requirements – Pentium IV or higher (Core2Duo is recommended for best performance). MS Windows and Mac OS support.
- Openness – external users can join a conference by clicking a link in an e-mail invitation, no registration is required
- Variety of modes of participation:
- Privacy mode – users can mute transmission of their own video and/or audio to the conference
- Put conference ‘on hold’ – user can stop (and resume) getting audio from a conference
- Hands-free mode support with fully preserved audio quality (built-in echo and noise cancellation)
- Collaboration tools:
- Document and desktop sharing and joint viewing
- Text messaging
- Moderation – assign rights, mute, put on hold or ban participants.
- Support of both real video from a web camera and synthetic 3D talking characters
- Conference recording
Additional InformationTelemental health and telepsychiatry are quickly changing fields with constant improvements to technology, encryption, security, HIPAA and HITECH compliance, reimbursements, state and federal laws, education and online practice guidelines. These updates will change rapidly, so bookmark or link to this page to check in from time to time to see what has improved. You can also sign up in the contact form to receive a monthly update.
If you need assistance choosing a system, setting up an online therapy network, obtaining referrals for online services, improving provider adoption, or avoiding common telemental health start-up mistakes, contact Behavioral Health Innovation. www.BehavioralHealthInnovation.com.
Behavioral Health Innovation is reliant upon public information and the feedback from the companies represented regarding these telemental health counseling products/services and cannot make any warranty regarding this information. This information has been compiled for educational purposes and attempts are made regularly to verify the accuracy of the information. Individuals are encouraged to verify the information represented prior to making a purchasing decision.
Copyright ©2018 Telemental Health Comparisons